Protein is a macronutrient that is necessary to build muscles mass. Protein can be easily found in every food but different amounts.
There are basically 3 macronutrients Protein, Fat & carbohydrates & their work is to provide energy.
So when protein is broke down in our body it helps us to stay energetic, helps in building muscle mass, makes the immune system strong, it also reduces your appetitive which is found beneficial in weight loss.
Protein consists of amino acids which are the building blocks of protein.
Our body needs protein for the proper functioning of our body & to have multiple health benefits like;
- It helps in repairing tissue,
- Promotes muscle mass,
- Improves strength,
- People who want lose weight or fat must consume enough protein as help in reducing weight & fat,
- It promotes growth hormone in children’s.
Meals filled with multiple high protein food helps you to fight with diabetes may reduce sugar level in the blood & in fulfilling your daily protein intake.
How Much Protein-
The protein intake of a person depends on their age, weight, activity level, gender. A sedentary protein recommendation for men is 56 grams protein & 46 grams protein for women.
Many fitness experts say if you are doing intense training, fieldwork, high-intensity training, or any work which requires more energy & more energy requires more protein.
If you are involved in fitness training or gym you must need 2 grams of protein/ kg of body weight. The reason behind taking the 2-gram protein is to provide more energy, as eating protein-rich food reduces appetite it helps you to build a lean physique without gaining too much fat.
Check out these 20 Tasty & Healthy Source of protein.
1. Chicken Breast (31 grams)
Chicken breast is a wonderful source of protein. People who face problems in fulfilling their protein intake must add this high protein food to their diet.
- Helpful in building and maintain muscle mass.
- Strengthen bones.
- Filled with minerals &vitamins.
- Contains less fat which may help in weight loss.
Protein Content: 100 grams of chicken breast contains 31 grams of lean protein.
2. Turkey breast (30 grams)
Turkey breast is a high protein food with very little fat. It is high in various nutrients & minerals.
Turkey breast and chicken breast are quite similar to each other in many ways.
- It makes your stomach full for longer time.
- It many help you to maintain lean muscle mass.
- May promotes good mood & alertness.
Protein Content: 100 grams of roasted turkey breast contain 30 grams of protein which makes it one of the best high protein food.
3. Tuna (28 grams)
Tuna is one of the famous kinds of fish. It contains lesser fat but it is one of the best high protein food.
It contains lots of minerals & nutrients like Omega 3 fatty acids, potassium, magnesium, iron & Vitamin-A, B6, B12.
- It lower downs the blood pressure.
- It may help you in weight loss.
- Eating tuna may also help in improving skin health.
- It also reduces the risk of cancer.
Protein Content: A 100 gram serving of cooked tuna has 28 grams of protein which is also the best non-vegan high protein food.
4. Peanuts (23.6 grams)
Most of us know peanuts as nuts but peanuts belong to the legume family. Peanuts are originated in South America. They are known by various names like earthnuts, groundnuts, etc.
- Eating peanuts are good for heart health.
- May help in weight loss as a high protein food makes our stomach full for longer time.
- It may helps you to live longer.
- lowers the risk of type 2 diabetes.
Protein Content: 100 grams of unsalted roasted peanuts contains 23.6 grams of protein.
5. Whey Protein (20-50 grams)
A whey protein supplement is the best option to fulfill your protein intakes when you don’t have enough time to cook your high protein meals.
There are various whey protein supplements available online you can buy.
I use AS IT IS Whey Protein to boost my strength. AS IT IS is one of the popular Whey Protein Brand provides amazing mixability with water. The best thing I like is it provides 24 grams of protein, 5.4 grams of Bcaa per 30 grams serving.
- Best option for those who can’t cook due to lack of time.
- It promotes muscle growth.
- It may lower blood pressure.
- Whey protein may also help in reducing hunger.
Protein Content: There may be 20-50 grams of protein in a serving depending on the brand you use.
6. Oats (16.89 grams)
Oats are one of the best high protein food to eat for breakfast. There are varieties of recipes you can’t even get bored eating these different recipes. Oats provide you various minerals & nutrients including fiber, magnesium, and iron.
- It helps you to lower your cholesterol level.
- May improve blood sugar level.
- May help you in weight loss at oats are so filling.
- Oats may help you to get relieve & prevent constipation.
Protein Content: 100 grams serving of oats contains 16.89 grams of protein.
7. Quinoa (14 grams)
Quinoa is one of the best high protein food which is gluten-free & contains all the nine essential amino acids.
It is high in magnesium, Vitamin-B, potassium, iron, high fiber & much more.
- It has low GI (Glycemic Index) which is good for controlling blood sugar.
- It may help in weight loss.
- A good source of antioxidants.
- Eating Quinoa may lower the risk of chronic diseases.
Protein Content: A 100 gram serving of un-cooked raw Quinoa has 14 grams of protein & the best vegan high protein food.
8. Cottage cheese (12.49grams)
Cottage cheese is one of the varieties of cheese.
It is an excellent source of calcium, minerals which play a vital role in our bone & tooth health. You can make various dishes from this high protein food.
- It strengthens bones & teeth.
- Maintains blood sugar level.
- Cottage cheese is good for our heart health.
- It may have anti-cancer potentials.
Protein Content: 100 grams of cottage cheese contain 12.49 grams of protein.
9. Lentils (9 grams)
Lentils are rich in fiber, iron, folate, magnesium & many other nutrients.
It is one of the best high protein food. It is a good source of plant-based protein.
- Lentils are good for bones.
- Rich source of fiber.
- Helps to prevent digestive problems
- It is good for heart health.
Protein Content: A 100 grams serving of boiled lentils contains 9 grams of protein.
10. Almonds (6.38 grams)
Almonds are the popular kind of tree nuts that are filled with calcium, manganese, Vitamin-E, a good source of fiber, and one of the best high protein food.
- It may help in reducing cholesterol.
- Eating almond may help you in maintaining good blood pressure.
- Filled with antioxidants.
- Almonds may beneficial in weight loss.
Protein Content: A normal serving of 30 grams of almonds contains 6.38 grams of protein.
11. Eggs (6 grams)
An egg is one of the best high protein food filled with multiple minerals, vitamins & antioxidants. You can easily find eggs anywhere in the world.
- Improves brain & nervous system functioning.
- Makes your immune system healthy.
- Reduces risk of heart diseases.
- Helpful in weight loss & building muscle.
Protein Content: 1 whole egg contains 6 grams of protein & 78 calories. 1 Egg white contains 3.6 grams of protein & 17 calories.
12. Peas (5.18 grams)
Peas are one of the healthy high protein food & are rich in essential vitamins like Vitamin-K, C & antioxidants. You can easily find and can pair with various recipes.
- Peas help in maintaining good digestive health.
- One of the good sources of iron.
- It builds immunity.
- Eating peas are good for eye health.
Protein Content: 100 grams serving of cooked peas contains 5.18 grams protein.
13. Corn (4.96 grams)
It belongs to the healthy food category. Corn is not only a high protein food but also comes in the list of top sources of fiber
It has a variety of B vitamins, potassium & various minerals & nutrients.
- It protects your heart from various heart diseases.
- Good for eyes & skin care.
- Beneficial in managing diabetes.
- Helps to fight with constipation.
Protein Content: 1 cup of corn contains 4.96 grams of protein.
14. Potatoes (4.3 grams)
Potatoes are filled with vitamin-b6 vitamin C. A medium-sized potato with skin contains 4.3 grams of protein.
- Potatoes are a rich source of fiber which may help in weight loss.
- It is filled with antioxidants.
- May control blood sugar.
- Potatoes may improve digestive health.
Protein Content: 1 medium size potato with skin contains 4.3 grams of protein.
15. Greek yogurt (4.05 grams)
Greek yogurt is also known as strained yogurt a very thick kind of yogurt.
You can add yogurt is many dishes. It has a creamy texture & filled with nutrients.
- Reduces risk of type 2 diabetes.
- It promotes good mental health.
- It may improve gut health.
- Boost metabolism.
Protein Content: 10 grams serving of Greek yogurt contains 4.05 grams of protein.
16. Milk (3.32 grams)
Milk is one of the good sours of protein & it is also rich in calcium, phosphorus. You can use milk in various sweets, shakes, & many other dishes which make your dishes super tasty & easy to follow your routine diet.
If you are concerned with your fat intake then you can add zero fat milk also.
- Reduces risk of obesity.
- May help in skin glow.
- It has a hair hydrating property.
- A good source of protein.
Protein Content: 100 ml of whole milk contains 3.32 grams of protein.
17. Broccoli (2.37 grams)
Broccoli is a healthy vegetable filled with nutrients & minerals such as Vitamin-K, C, fiber, potassium & a plant-based high protein food.
- It has bioactive nutrients which may protect against cancer.
- May protect against various types of cancer.
- It may support good heart health.
- It reduces constipation.
Protein Content: 100 grams serving of cooked broccoli contains 2.37 grams of protein.
18. Avocados (2 grams)
Avocados not only contain protein but are also high in fiber, potassium, Vitamin-C, B6, magnesium, etc.
- Avocado is good for heart.
- It is good for vision.
- It many protect from cancer.
- Lowers the risk of depression.
Protein Content: A medium-size avocado contains 2 grams of protein.
There are various sources of protein you can choose from. Many high protein foods also provide additional health minerals & nutrients which benefit overall health also.
Adequate protein intake is important for repairing & maintaining body tissues. It also helps you in weight loss as eating enough protein helps in reducing hunger for a longer time.
Check out our other blog on Excellent Source of Protein for more high protein food.
Visit mycleandiet for amazing health and fitness blogs