- Tofu- Tofu is made up of soybeans. Containing all essential amino acids that your body requires and a good source of protein.
Tofu is made up of beans curd pressed in a process similar to the cheese-making process. Tofu is made by fermenting & cooking mature soybeans. Tofu is not so much tasty but yes a good source of protein in the budget.
Tofu contains iron, calcium & 15-20 grams of protein, 5.3 grams of Fat & 1.7 grams of carbohydrates in a serving of 100-gram tofu.
- Lentils- Lentils are a good source of protein & the best option which anyone can add to their daily diet. Lentils can be used in multiple dishes. Lentils contain good amounts of slow digestive carbs, fibre, iron, folate, manganese & around 18-20 grams of protein, 17 grams of fat & 47 grams of carbs per 240 ml cooked lentils.
Lentils are not only a good source of protein but also have great benefits as it helps in reducing the risk of heart diseases, controls diabetes & excess body weight & some type of cancer.
- Chickpeas & Beans- Here are some varieties of beans: Kidney, black, red, lima, mung, fava, cannellini & much more. Beans are the good source of protein.
- Chickpeas are also known as garbanzo beans & a good source of protein. Chickpeas & beans contain approximately 20-22 grams of protein, 26.7 carbs of fat & 68.8 grams of carbohydrates per 240ml of cooked chickpeas & beans. Both chickpeas & beans are a good source of protein, complex carbs, fibre, iron, folate, phosphorus, potassium & manganese. Beans help in controlling cholesterol, blood sugar level, blood pressure, & also helps in weight loss.
- Hempseed- Hempseed comes from the cannabis plant. Hempseed contains 10-12 grams of protein per 28 grams of hempseeds serving. Hempseed contains magnesium, calcium, iron, zinc, omega-3, omega-6, Fatty acids & a good source of protein. You can also add hemp seed to your daily diet by adding in your shakes, oats & also in your homemade protein bars.
- Soymilk- Soymilk is made of soybeans is the best alternative to cow’s milk. Soymilk contains 8.4 grams of protein per 250 ml of serving & also an excellent source of protein, calcium, Vitamin-D, B12. Soymilk is easily available in the markets in plain flavour, & in different flavours like chocolate, strawberry & much more.
- Oats- Oats are the best & tasty source of protein 50 grams of oats contain approximately 9-10 grams of protein, 3.5 grams of fat, 33 grams of carbohydrates & 5 grams of fibre & a good amount of zinc, magnesium, folate etc. You can also add oats in different recipes like shakes, burgers, & for baking something.
- Chia Seeds- Chia Seeds comes from the salvia plant. Originated from Mexico. Chia seeds are a good source of protein as it contains 5-6 grams of protein, 9 grams of fat, 13 grams of carbohydrates, 12 grams of fibre & becomes a good source of protein.
- Peanut Butter- Peanuts are an excellent source of protein. 1 tablespoon of natural peanut butter contains 4 grams of protein, 8.5 grams of fats & 3.6 grams of protein. Peanuts are a great source of healthy fats, fibre, iron, calcium, magnesium & vitamin E, B.
Consuming protein is important for the functioning of our body & good Health. Proteins are made of amino acids that link together in a chain. Adding some good source of protein to your diet will be beneficial in many ways. As it helps in growth, maintenance, provides energy, helps in maintaining proper pH, helps in building bones, body tissues & especially for men who are building muscles the more protein you intake the more beneficial it is in muscle building. You can easily increase your protein intake just by adding a good source of protein to your daily diet.